Review: PF Exhibits on 10 SEP 05

At 8:38 AM -0400 9/10/05, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 10 2005. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

                Sue Butler - Colour & Movement

Well, the color is very pleasant, and looks like I expect it to, but the movement looks more like too little depth of field. Try using even more exposure time, even if you have to add a filter over the lens to slow the film down.

                Greg Fraser - Plant

Some people just see coherent patterns in this sort of situation and the rest of us don't. Sigh.

                Elson T. Elizaga - The Kiss

I'm a cat person so I'd best stay out of this. Just makes me want to wipe my mouth off real fast and stay out of the way of such animals. In addition, I would never put any bite-able appendage anywhere near any animal whose nature it is to attack. People do not need Pit Bulls, and neither does society. People need to learn how to get along.

                Emily L. Ferguson - Arument approaches Shona

Well, the dookey g on my keyboard got me again. This is supposed to be Argument.

                Jim Davis - Fisher Meeting

Yes. It's two people who may be fishermen having a chat. Whether it's level or not seems to me less germane than the relationship between these two people as fishermen. The pic might be more successful if the guys were standing among their gear clutching their fishing rods.

                Renate Volz - Incandescence

Another jealously - people who can make coherent patterns from plant matter. Darn.

I really like the color palette as well. Nicer than green. Nice hot edges. Nice sense of directionality. Very agreeable.

                Howard Leigh - Sunset, Normandy, Summer 2005

Well, that horizon is smack in the middle and there's not much data in the foreground. I'm afraid I don't see much of anything here, really.

                Christopher Strevens - Charity Homes in London

Nothing much going on here either and not level, to boot.
                Bob Talbot - No Cycling

People do the most amazing things. Why build a bike path when you're going to mark it "no cycling". but then the legend isn't actually part of the situation anyway, so hurray for Photoshop and trompe l"oeille! And Bob's sense of humor.

                Pini Vollach -

Well, Pini, you've got me here. Two chairs with nice rattan seats and some strange ornament hanging in a window making a reflection. Not sure why. Color pallette very flat, not sure what's attractive about that....

There is a series in the series gallery by Kostas Papakots

Three weeks and Kostas last name is still spelt wrong.  Somebody pick this up?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/