Gallery Review 9-3-05

R. Blakely - Shared Cake Is Great Cake!
A great family snap shot for the album! Would like to see more cake. :)

Rubin Diehl F. - Colors
I like this picture because of the colors. Nice, bright, festive. Fairly well organized for a street shot.

Tim Mulholland - Before/After
Another one for the family album. Not one I would have thought to see in this gallery, because it is family. On the other hand, I do understand the image and the intent and find that the subject matter is well documented. As far as lighting goes, appropriate.

Dave Van Verst - Carolyn
Practically perfect. Just enough light, and I like the idea of photographing children in trees. It seems natural for a kid to be in a tree. Is it my eyes, though, or is Carolyn wearing two different shoes? Cute.

jIMMY Harris - Me and my PENTAX
Nice warm light. Good record shot. I find these hard to do. Do you remember what speed film you were using?

Jim Davis - Two Kinds of Fishers
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Love it! Which one is the background, birdman? Kidding. Last week was a lot of hooo-ah, aye? Like I said, love it.

Jeff Spirer - Saw
Interesting. This one kept me looking for a while. Are those birds near the left edge of the blade? Looks like another optical illusion. Or is the blade really 10 feet across?

Don Roberts - Winter Wandering
Another really nice picture this week. Fresh snow is so clean and covers all the dead stuff. I like that you were able to capture some decent light on this one. Even if most of it is only reflected. Very nice. Are those rabbit tracks?

Herschel Mair -
Serene. Beautiful colors. Unfortunately for me, blurred objects tend to make my eyes cross. I understand your reasons for the extra exposure time, but the boat is distracting to me. I am one though who does not get this thing about perfect horizons. I straightened out a couple of those pictures the other week, and on my monitor, the people were falling over.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Moon Scape
This makes a great painting. Keep playing with PS and share some more.

Shyrell Melara - Old Kitchen
Dear Bob Talbot, Please get over. I was so looking forward to one of your reviews of my photo. I'm still trying to learn how to use my dang mini digi cam. If I didn't want a review, I wouldn't have submitted anything!

Guy Glorieux - Montreal - Mondrian
Very nice, for all the reasons you took it and sent it in.

Thanks everyone! Seems like we're all getting back from summer vacations and holidays. Good to see the gallery so full. Thanks Andy and staff for not giving up.

Shyrell Melara

Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories...
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com