Re: Dan's image in the Gallery

At 04:30 PM 8/29/2005, lea murphy wrote:
As a woman who has had to, on occassion, make a deposit of one form or another in the great outdoors sans a toilet let me assure you that this in NOT EVEN CLOSE to the position we assume when such duty is to be done...

Here's the problem.

1) Some men think it looks like a woman taking care of business.

2) Some women say that it's not a position that a woman would use when taking care of business.

So what's the problem? The problem is that photography is about *perception.* It doesn't really matter, unless it was captioned "Woman Taking Care of Business", what it is or isn't, this is what some men see in the photo. The fact that it might be uncomfortable, physically difficult, or even impossible isn't really relevant. It's a *photograph*, not a scientific fact. This is true of all photographs, at least until they are (truthfully) captioned.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com