Asking for help - again

Hello PF Members,

I'm taking a class to finish a degree I started when I was much younger (better late than never?). The course is Writing the Feature Story, from U.C. Berkeley. To earn credit I must write a complete feature story (something you would see on the front page of a newspaper or in a magazine such as Time or a news-type magazine).

After submitting many article ideas to my instructor, (and having many submissions returned with a , "Well - you could try this, but I don't know . . . ") the chosen subject for the feature story is going to be about a local gallery that has just been bought by a small art guild. The previous owner was a business person, not an artist.

The gallery is now owned and run by artists, only. In my article I will be comparing galleries run by business people vs. galleries owned and run by artists. (The small, local gallery will be the center piece of the article because it is now going through the ownership transition.)

I would like to hear thoughts and comments from all of you who would like to reply and have opinions and thoughts about the artist vs. business-person run galleries.

Have any of you had personal experiences with either, or both types of galleries? Do you have a preference to work with either gallery? If so, why?

I am in the draft stages of this article, so anything you have to say could help me out. Your comments might trigger an award winning article (or at least an article worthy of an "A"{:->).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.