Re: Question about polarization

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I must say, from experience rather than scientific deduction, that a 10K light with just about any colour gel looks quite white
What I don't know is whether - for equal intensity (total energy flux
density) a "white" mixture looks brighter white that a pure green
looks bright green.
No matter how intense a green light is though, it never looks white.

The eye has no contract with science. To the eye, yellow (580nm) appears brigher than the longer (red-600nm) and the shorter (Green-550nm) wavelengths

Just by gut feel, do the Secondary colours seem to appear brighter than the Primaries?

Herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology