RE: Gallery Review 2005-08-20 "Consideration"

Thank you Bob for this review,
I agree about the B&W idea for this image.
I didn't noticed it by myself. - this is what we need the reviews for !
isn't it ?
I liked the arrangement of the hands in the frame.
I took this shot with digital Canon PowerShot G5 which have a swiveling
screen that enable me to take pictures from very unusual angles
and also the ability not to look directly at them while photographing.
I didn't bought yet a SLR digital Canon like D20 ( although I have Canon
lenses ) because it lack this wonderful screen.

Pini
_______________________
Pini Vollach
http://www.pinimage.com

Sorry if I repeat anything already said

>Pini Vollach -
A strangely compelling image -  the strongest by far this week.

At first sight - thumbnail - it's just another "group of blokes sat
round a table so what" sort of shot.  Opening it full size there's a
real atmosphere.  You can't help following their gaze to the toppling
queen.

I'm wondering if B&W is a better end point for the shot though.
Converting (mode change to Lab then delete the a and b channels)
produces a more "focussed" product.  The colour for me adds nothing to
the moment, to the tension.

Oh, and thanks for keeping the verticals vertical!!