Re: Gallery Review 2005-08-20 "Consideration"

> Interesting. Does this mean that not all jpegs can be opened by all
browsers?

Nah, most jpegs can be opened.  The issue is that most Browsers
currently operating on Windows Systems (which is another way of saying
most browsers, period :) ignore any embedded profiles and treat the
image "as if" the RGB values were coded as sRGB.

That means that while an image can look lovely and saturated on the
author's PC, working under it's "better-than-sRGB" profile the outside
world gets to see a pale imitation.

It's the original author's problem though Andy, not yours.  I'm just a
curious sort: when I see a pale image I often send it to PS to find
out if there is a profile problem.

As I noted for a couple of Emily's shots recently, and for Gregory's
this week, opening them with the "Convert" option enabled gave me a
much better result than IE was showing me.

Bob