A Dark Tree

I do appreciate everyone's comments.

I can't imaging this image any other way frankly.

I think the tree is one of the two most powerful points to the image. The other being placement of the crows both in the clouds and in the limbs of the tree. As if searching or waiting for.....?

Without the separation of the cloud layers, there would be little impact of the silhouetted tree, and all of it's dead limbs would be lost in the tumbled mess of clouds. The area of no detail allows the tree to get a hold of the viewer taking them up through the limbs and losing them in the clouds without losing the impact of the tree's scraggly, weathered nature and it's lending to the eerie nature of the entire scene.

With out the tree, the mystery of the entire scene would be gone, and the eerie, mysterious birds in the clouds would be dulled to an un-interesting image birds flying around some angry looking clouds.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com