Re: Gallery 8-13-05

On 8/15/05 3:32 PM, "Shyrell Melara" <shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Louis C Smith -
> Wow - That's a lot of white. Given your comment on what you are trying to
> convey, good job! I especially like the center of this flower for the colors
> and soft folds and curves. Initially made me think of a butterfly, secondly, a
> tiger, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Personally speaking, I'd like to see a little
> more contrast between the flower and the background.

Thanks for the feedback Shyrell.  I'm not sure why I'm showing up as Louis C
Smith though :-0  The petal detail is very subtle.  If your monitor is not
accurately calibrated it will probably not look as it's intended to.  Anyone
who happens to be in Chapel Hill, NC this Sunday can see this prints and 3
other in the series at 'The Big Picture' exhibition opening at Somerhill
Gallery.  http://www.somerhill.com  There are twelve photogs from here and
there showing large scale prints.  3 of mine are 40x60s and one is a 20x30.

Best,

Lawrence

Lawrence Smith Photography
1000 Portraits to Fight Cancer