Gallery 8-13-05

Sue Butler - Curves
A beautiful capture. Although this is all one color, the difference in range makes this work for me. I enjoy the since of freshness from the droplets of water. A very good first submission. Will you tell me what flower this is?

Louis C Smith -
Wow - That's a lot of white. Given your comment on what you are trying to convey, good job! I especially like the center of this flower for the colors and soft folds and curves. Initially made me think of a butterfly, secondly, a tiger, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Personally speaking, I'd like to see a little more contrast between the flower and the background.

Don Roberts - Lipstick on a Pig
Strangely enough, I like it. Though these items were stacked randomly then crushed, there is a pattern of colors. Art courses teach the pattern of three. The reds, pinks and oranges follow this rule. Can't quite figure out the black circle as to what it is, but it reminds me of a wheel - perpetual waste perhaps?

Qkano - Street/Art
Some artists may not be photographers and visa-versa, but there is plenty of room for one or the other to be both. What a beautiful sunny day. I thought it rained there all the time! I'm glad you were able to get this shot. I love the brightness of it and the color in the painting. I hope she did well.

Timothy A. Holmes - F-16 Fighting Falcon
Too bad the sun spot hit the pilot right in the face! :-) Otherwise, a nice clear picture.  Where were you shooting from?

Howard Leigh - Offices by River Thames. London
It's hard to get a good picture with back lighting (looking into the sky). But you did a good job of it. If you could have positioned yourself to leave the tree out, the structure would speak more for itself. I like the way the curves and angles compliment each other. Well done.

Margaret Lucas - digital you say? pity...
Oooo, what a face! Great portrait. Lots of life. Nice use of black and white, nothing too sharp or too soft. Was the subject really thinking about the camera?

Jim Davis - Into the Waves
A boat picture. I like your birds better. One thing I do find interesting though is what appears to be impending disaster with the ship to the right.  ;-o

Elson T. Elizaga - Lifeform
Not a bad portrait. I'd like to see a little more variation in the lighting, colors seem a little washed out.

Srinivasa R. Regeti - Getting Ready
Another nice portrait, but a little dark around the edges, especially on the bride's face. Was the little girl the 'holder of the train', or just curious? Really cute!

Well, since I am more of an artist than a 'straight shooting photographer', I'll have to leave all the technical reviews to everyone else.

Shyrell Melara
Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories...
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com