6th August Gallery Thoughts

No crits? Here's my twopennorth

Emily - Nautor Swan 45
Fascinating to me because of the apparentnonchalance of the people sitting on the edge of the boat - unconcerned, unaware even? of the Dev0cean's strong tilt to the left.And the 3 inside the boat seem almost as disconnected from what appears to a powerful yachting action!

Bob - Barnett
Analogue world? I'm not sure what you mean by that - at a sub-atomic level is not the Universe a strange interplay of incomprehensible forces which may one day be open to numerical analysis and thus is fundamentally digital? Anyway, I'm intrigued by the extreme left side placement of the building, which leaves a rather large area of featureless sky and "garden" to the right.
Different.

Jim
Typical of learning, in watching what you're doing than on what is happening, like learning to steer around corners. And being blithely unaware of what
your mentor is trying to tell you! Nice classical diagonal, of course.

Howard
I think I'll pass on mine!

Jim Snarski
Hard to criticise really - you don't have much choice if you want to get the image.

C J R Strevens
Sorry, Chris, I'm not a fan of digital filters and the "artistic" look. If the image is good, then for me it doesn't need a filter. Here it looks as though her skirt is pretty much as photographed, but the filter has been used to disguise her face? I must say I think that Chris and I live in different Londons, even countries. Twice since the July 7th bombings I've been up to London. I've been on the tube. I went up to Brick Lane near the Aldgate bomb openly carrying my camera and freely photographing buildings and people; likewise near City Hall which I photographed in front of security guards.
I've never had a problem yet.

Andrew
A fascinating optical illusion - well seen! Though to me both seem 3D - on the left the tracks are dug into the snow leaving central islands standing higher; on the right, thin ridges standing up on top of the snow. So I tried rotating it 180 deg and got exactly the same result - in fact I couldn't see any change at all! But if I only did a 90 deg rotate both sections become only thin ridges standing proud of the surface...

Howard