Re: Gallery of 30th July - Jim's Hawk

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:00:55 +0200 (CEST), Qkano
<snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>As to the reviews: you are lucky to get much at all these days.
>I do disagree - in view of the difficulties - that comments on presentation (curves, gamma etc) are without value.  Any more I guess than comments on cropping, level horizon etc are.  OK, you may be an "Artist" (with the capital A) who has carefully crafted every part of your image with precision but many submissions are not like that.  And also, what else you can learn is how others see your work.

Just wanted to say thanks for your help Bob, I like the blue sky
background now much better. Heck, if it wins any awards I'll credit
you for the background, OK?

Keep up the criticism whether we like it or not, it keeps us thinking.

If my horizon isn't level, that's my perogative as an artist, not a
mistake ;-)

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/