Gallery of 30th July

Sorry I've not made much comment recently on the images on the forum. Having looked at other forums over the weeks, this one still seems to me to be the best because it feels much more personal and intimate... everyone is genuinely friendly and helpful!

Anyway, my twopennorth on the photos that I liked the best...

Following Qkano I had a further look at Emily's picture, and tweaking with curves provided a much more punchy and satisying result for this amusing tableau!

Steve's peppers I like anyway (must do a copycat!). This one with its hot combination of colours seems to me to spice up the result most effectively - a deliberate play on names and colours and content?

Tim's photograph is exactly the sort of photograph I wish to take...but I never seem to be in the right place at the right time. It benefits so much from the crosslighting of a warm evening sun.

Jim's fish hawk likewise is just the sort of opportunity I dream of having but never do! Well taken - it expresses the proud, cruel face of the classical raptor and the diagonal composition is perfect to convey a dynamic, "in yer face" action!

On the London issue, I spent Friday in the city. There didn't seem to be much tension in the air, though I suspect the numbers of people were somewhat down. Two weeks ago I went up to Brick Lane near one of the bombs, with much the same result. Thursday coming I and my pal will be going up to the Bertrand open-air exhibition at City hall. I saw some of it on Friday, but it's too big and awe-inspiring to take in in one go!

I'll post some London photos on my web site later on today...

www.howardleigh.me.uk

Howard