Re: There's lots more of me where I come from..................

Russ, you might go online and look at some of the sites that offer publicity pix in bulk to performers of all kinds. I know there are a few but I haven't kept the info. The Folksinger crowd on one of my lists discusses this once a year or so too.

Usually they get the digital files from the photog and send it to one of these places and get their reprints.

And, in fact, that's something you also might offer if there's a Fuji or Kodak machine near you. Sell them a CD with the file for, say, $75 with a license for usage up to 150 copies, and let them go off to Wally Wal Mart and save yourself the trouble. You can count on those places to query them when they bring in the CD, and to require them to sign a form that says they have the rights to the reprinting. You can also go to Wally's and let them know what will be happening to keep an eye out for it.

Remember, those deals may look like you're giving away the store but think about the time you'll spend running around after their piddling reprint orders for 5 here, 10 there. And also, keep in mind that every time you shoot a show they have the chance to order a CD with a more current image.

Then concentrate on building relationships with the people who produce the plays and need the pix for publicity in the local glossy magazines. Offer your services for a fee plus a CD and as soon as the show is over they get to pay another fee and get a new CD for the next show.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx