Photographing Jewelry

Hello Again,

Again, I'm asking for advice.   Have any of you done a lot of jewelry photography?    I have a student who is interested in photographing her hand made jewelry.   Are there any secrets that need to be known concerning photogrpahing jewelry, or any special photography equiment that will help her project be more successful?

I would appreciate any suggestions you could make.  Thank you.

Marilyn