Re: The Best of Friends

Hello Marilyn,

I hope to sell the good photos to an agency who might use them for advertisements, or in their websites, but I'm still learning how. I just borrowed a book about stock photography business. Scotiabank (http://scotiabank.com) is using stock photos, I believe. And they seem to have been made in a park as well. One of the ladies in my website works in Scotiabank.

But I didn't have any intention of doing this earlier. All I wanted was to meet new people and their dogs and make friends -- and maybe get business opportunities in the process. :) Gerry with the daschund gave me his business card when I told him I had a team that made websites.

I asked permission before I made the photos in most cases, and promised the people that I would give them file copies of the pictures if they give me their email addresses. In one case, though, I saw that lady crossing the street and made several shots immediately. You can see from her _expression_ that she was sort of alarmed. But when I asked to her to pose for me with her dog, she laughed.
I have pictures showing Sandy's dog communicate with Gerry's dog and this interaction gave humans the opportunity to say more than just hi hello how are you. That's how I got to know that the orange dog -- a pitbull mix -- was rescued from a humane society, and that it has an tiny electronic chip at the back of its neck that can be tracked by a satellite wherever it goes worldwide.

I hope to put more photos there soon. I find this activity so refreshing. :)

I'm glad you like the photos. Thanks. :)

Elson

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Elson,

What will you be doing with all the people/pet photographs?   How did you get started with the project?

I've often thought of writing an article about the connection between people and their pets.    There is some sort of wonderful tie between them, that in some ways rivals the people-to-people connection.

Very nice work.

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.