Re: PF Exhibits on 16 JUL 05

OK, since I´m suffering a bout of gout (ouch!) today, I might as well try a review. Hope my temper won´t upset the contributors too much....

2005-07-16 kl. 14.04 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 16 2005. Authors with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

               Emily L. Ferguson - July 4th
Mix equal parts of Robert Frank and Michael Moore. Stir. Laugh (I did, at least...)

               Herschel Mair - Spoon dates
While I´ve never dated a spoon myself, I like this picture: colours, light, swirl. Some might want to crop away the very top; I don´t. It is needed to get some perspective of what´s going on.

               Renate Volz - End of the Rope
Another one with swirls... After visiting Renate´s interesting site, I presume this one is also edited in some way. If so, no harm in that: a great picture as is.

               Steve Shapiro - One of . . . Pepper series
Someone has commented on the technical shortcomings as shown: exposure, dust & c. Possibly the results of a less-than-perfect scan. The image itself: bulging, sensuous peppers in the EW spirit. I would have preferred softer, more diffuse lighting with less intense reflections, and more soft-edged shadows; also the crop might be different. Anyway, the beginning of a path worth following.

               Guy Glorieux - To the beach...
What path this bunch is following is more unclear, but there is determination in the air... Funny!

               Per Ofverbeck -
Mine. Just to say, it is the result of a dog wanting a walk very early.... He is forgiven.

               David Small - Lap Dogs
The results of having one´s camera ready... Very funny, and an excellent composition for a grab shot.

               Jeff Spirer - Cook
Beautiful light, very good environmental portrait. Yes, you can´t see her eyes, but somehow that´s no problem here.

               Bob Talbot - Paper
This is Funny Snaps Week, it seems. Only, this is far more than a snap: look at all the diagonals, even the drooping corner of that paper! And the image is cropped *exactly* where it should be. This one even gets me to think of Sieglitz´ Steerage: only looks casual until you start to see the structure.

               Pini Vollach - Athens 2005
Very good: colourful and enigmatic.