Re: The Scottish densitometer

> I'll try to work out the actual spectral sensitivity of the
>cameras in question.  Not sure if it's worth the effort though.. I don't
>think anyone will really care about the results.

Karl

I'll care :o)

Seriously though: which will the "great unwashed" be more likely to remember.
1) some thorough accurate intercomparisons utilising scientific method
2) an ad-man's one linee "our Spinic II processor working with the ConSeal
algorithm produces perfect color (sic) balance every time".

Remeber too: that the whole reason (justification) for encrypting raw data
is to protect you from yourself.  Only the manufacturers can ever understand
thier sensors best.  Their native spectral sensitivities are irrelavent as
long as there is "accurate" post capture (pre-raw) adjustment of the signal.
 Heck, give the users too much knowlege and they would have to stop calling
them digital sensors :o)

Bob

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/