Re: Appropriate Charges

Philip Clarke wrote:

I'd like to see an example website for a start.

On Thursday 07 Jul 2005 20:35, Tim Holmes wrote:
Hi Folks:

Our Little League all star game is this weekend, and the coach for the
team I work with (as VOLUNTEER team photographer) has suggested to the
commissioner that it might be appropriate for the league to pay me to
photograph the All-Star game and post the pictures on a website for the
kids and parents.

To be very honest, this is more about working with the kids and giving
them something special than it is about making money, but if they offer,
I would like to have a reasonable figure in mind to suggest to them. It
would be nice to make some cash, so I can get my D70 repaired, as it is
now out of commission and I am stuck shooting on a digital rebel.

In terms of the job, I generally tend to shoot between 400 and 600
pictures per game, and there will be 2 games that I will be working.
The downloading the pics and posting them to the site will not take all
that long, maybe 2 hours at best, with another 2 hours or so for the
site construction.  Up until now photography has been a hobby, so I
havent ever really charged for anything, and i dont even know where to
begin.

Your thoughts and feedback would be most welcome

TIM

check out www.w8tah.us/marlins for the general look and feel. I cannot give out the passwords for the pictures site because of privacy issues (the pictures are of minor children).
TIM