Re: Fuji RAW was "The old Raw vs JPEG:"

What type of sensor array does the Fuji have? Some sensors have four section , a red, a green, a blue and an amplifyinf sector. Thus the camera based on the colors of the other three sectors has to make the best guess as to what color the fourth section should be in the file.

In a message dated 7/7/05 2:41:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dd-b@xxxxxxxx writes:
> - Why would Fuji bloat their RAW files before writing them?
> - Does that not defeet  the whole object?

I should say that it's my *impression* that they're after
interpolation; I could be wrong, I don't have a source and I haven't
taken apart the internals of the format.