Re: Nikon 9000 ED scanning problem

It crashes after a single sacan but they are quite big images 100MB and I'm asking the software to fix up prehistoric, faded negatives. I thought it would save me some time in PS. Perhaps it is just a simple case of RAM.... It doesn't crash (YET) if I scan straight to disk.

OH how I long for the halcion Macintosh days...  Those blissfull..... anyway, this windows stuff is tedious.
Let's have a good old Mac versus PC debate I say!!!   Let's have a slander Bill Gates party. You can come dressed as anything as long as it's Bill Gates.

herschel

lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Damn. Sounds like you should be outfitted just fine for what you're doing.

From your original email it sounds as if you are doing multiple scans from the same strip of negs and having them all dump into PS. You might consider trying to scan only one negative image at a time then save that one before going on. Tedious, yes, but at least it may help prevent the crashes and lost work.

I feel for you...scanning is tedious at best and this kind of problem doesn't make it one bit more enjoyable.

Lea

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology