Re: Danger of Encoded data: wasThe old Raw vs JPEG:

Encoding private data in DNG format can lead to problems. The Jaz Drives removeable disks had a secret partition on the disks that allocated the disk to always have 1 gig  of good sectors hiding the bad sectors and allocating some good extra sector to take their place. Problem was if you used the removeable disk as a hard drive and copied under the current  windows operating system or mac system the copying process got confused and put down partial or extra partitions. Then when one put the broken disk in the drive the drive would keep spining as it could read the data correctly. Finally the drive would break. I broke four drives like this. I still have two broken drive, one in my old Windows 95 computer and one external one from my Windows 98 computer and I got 10 1gig that I can erase the data off. Since I keep my pictures backup on three sets of hard drives that I copied on a regular basis I be very wary of private data that is encoded in the files that I couldn't access.