batch processing CS2

Batch processing is very easy.
1. open one file

2. at the bottom of the ACTIONS PALLETTE, there are 6 little icons, from left to right they are
STOP, RECORD, PLAY, NEW-FOLDER, NEW-ACTION, TRASH

3. click the new action icon (NEXT TO TRASH)

4. name it in the dialogue box that opns and click "RECORD" The little red RECORD icon lights up at the bottom of the actions pallete and anything you do now will be recorded.

5. correct the picture you've opened, use "Save As" and check the "save as copy" box.

6. close the file.

7. click the STOP icon at the bottom of the actions pallette (left of the red RECORD icon)

OK you've made an action!! well done

8. In the Bridge, select all the files you want to change and go to  the TOOLS menu in the bridge.

9. In the drop down menu select PHOTOSHOP (NOT Photoshop services!!) and then BATCH

10 in the big BATCH dialogue box that opens, make sure that the action you just made is in the action window (2nd from top) if it isn't, click on it and change it

11. in the DESTINATION window select "FOLDER"

12. click the CHOOSE button and select the folder to save the images into.

13. check the "Overide Action "Save As" commands" box

14. if you want to rename the files, you can use the windows in the "File naming" section

14. Select Windows, Mac OS, Unix boxes for compatability

15. Click OK

16 get a cup of coffee while Photoshop does it all

Good luck

rebphoto <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now exactly how does that answer my question ?

Telling me what you think I should have done
is of absolutely no help at all!

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography