Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Is a Batch of Photos like a Bakers Dozen?

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 19:13:45 -0400, rebphoto <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

They are jpegs.

Hmm, 'JPGs are fine', that sort reminds me of what some on this list
believe. Pity you weren't shooting RAW...

I took a bunch of shots this summer in JPG due to the fact that I
didn't have a RAW converter and wanted to immediately show these
photos and send them out. Bummer. Blown out highlights and pitch black
shadows ain't exactly fine with me.

Overall I found JPGs a poor substitue for a RAW file. No comparison if
it needed any tweaking, and definitely one stop short on the capture
tonal range, even when the exposure was spot on.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company
http://easternbeaver.com/