Re: PF Exhibits on 02 JUL 05

> Combining the two photographs (child's face and tree, petanque and
Doge).

Marilyn

You thinking of offering this service to your clients?  :o)

OK: Photoshop 5 to be precise. No rocket science: no special tricks
If you are interested: for Ben/Tree I've ZIP-ed up a small version of
the PSD file you can grab from
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/bentree.zip
If you look at the layers you can see ...

In both cases it's a simple copy-paste of the petanque/face onto the
palace/tree to form a second layer.

Then a crude bit of eraser-work to get rid of the bits of the upper
layer I didn't want.

For both it took a bit of Edit-Transorm-Distort to get the bits in the
right place.
I set the face to 50% opacity before the distort so I could see
Peeter's tree's eye and mouth through it.  Ben's head had to be
rotated slightly and vertically stretched to get full alignment.

Finally I just finished with a lot of gentle eraser work (10% effect)
around the edges till I got the effect I was after.

Bob