Re: My Gallery Review

kpp@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

well...looong time with no gallery comments coming from me, so here is a try...

Howard Leigh - River Stowe, Canterbury, June 2005
Howard it seems you are enjoying you Fuji camera and you have almost sold me to it...On the shot, wonderful rendition of colors, but the image is a bit cluttered in the middle. The boat seems unsharp to me and a bit annoying for this reason...do not know, maybe it is me...

Thanks for the crit - very useful.
You are right about the boat - the camera was on the chrome setting as part of the learning curve and this setting is junk!! It causes serious fringing effects in its efforts to improve colour and saturation. Easier to use Photoshop or whatever.
I no longer use this setting.
Set to
"Manual", ISO 80 - 400 outside, 400 - 1600 indoors, auto white balance (sometimes set where necessary to manual), max quality, I get excellent results.
See my initial results on

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/howard.leigh/F10_Samples/index.html

The camera is so good indoors I rarely use flash but prefer the higher ISO settings, flash off.

The page
http://www.finepixf10.com/
is all about this camera!

Howard