Re: -Lawrence-new samples-

Shyrell Melara wrote:

Hi Lawrence,

I've been using your advice to photograph the flowers as portraits. Out of nearly 300 shots, I've posted a few on the page below. Any more tips/advice? Maybe some PS manipulation? It is for an art gallery showing.

Thanks for responding. I was hoping some others would share their tips as well. Anyone?

http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com/id2.html

Shyrell Melara
Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories...
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com

Shyrell -- I would tend to agree with Lawrence -- i would go for a more muted background -- When i photograph flowers, i tend to use a very short focal length and blur out the background almost totally

If you like, check out www.w8tah.us and follow the links for Photography -- The site is a little rough right now, but there is a gallery of flower pictures up there that you might enjoy

TIM