Eat a green thing every day............................

Hi Gang.................

Well after having the greens............. (sort of like the blues, but with not so much soul)

I bit the bullet and bought an Epson 1280 printer.

They had it a Staples with a $100.00 rebate.

Handy thing about that rebate......

In the last two weeks I have bought a

Canon 10D
A 28-105 mm lens for it
A 420 EX flash for it

The up grade to CS2

Two new back drops for the Studio

My Stereo receiver blew up so I had to replace that
and my car needed a transmission so I had to cough up
$1300.00 for that!

I first tried the printer with some of the glossy paper
that they supplied with it. I am not a fan of glossy
but what the hell ....it was free.

I chose to print an 8x10 at the max quality setting.

I got a GREAT looking 8x10!!!!

While it was printing I had time to change the oil in my car,
rotate the tires and read every photo book I own.

(it does print slow on that setting)

Here's where I show that I am a real pro.............

I had bought a package of Staples 13x19 paper.

I opened it up and slid out a sheet of paper and as
I loaded it into the printer I thought....
"Wow, this is heavy paper.............."

I went into the other room while it was printing.

When I came back...

The print looked quite horrible...................

I looked at it for a minute.....
Checked my settings.................

And then realized that I had fed the card board
that they used as a stiffener in the package of paper into the printer.

I then re did it with the "real" paper.

Got a rather nice print!

I tell you that after being used to doing 8X10's,
a 13x19 print is some what impressive!

Can any one recommend a calibration device for my monitor (oh yeah I bought a new monitor too)
that does not cost a fortune!!!!!!!

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography