Re: frozen propellers

Sorry for my haste. I should have said Tim and he already answered. Carry on.

Don Roberts wrote:

I have to answer for Roger. Read his message, please. He says "compressor blades in a Jet turbine". Not propeller blades. He also never said he wanted to stop the blades for the picture, just that he could. Pardon me if I sound peevish; these digital vs. film, my camera vs. your camera threads do that to me. Objective reports and user forums abound for cameras if you look not very hard and the digital/film bs is not arguable with any degree of usefulness. Nor is the definition of art etc. George Santayana said that "Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it." That is this forum sometimes. Don
I promise to be nicer tomorrow.

Rich Mason wrote:

What's more, why would you want to stop the blades (freeze them in the photograph), assuming you are referring to propeller-driven aircraft? I think that will lead to static pictures. Best to have some blur to convey motion--especially if photographing air-to-air or ground-to-air. Frozen propellers on a moving plane just look unnatural to me.

Rich Mason

http://richmason.com