RE: UPDATE: D2X: Cannot figure where the red light is coming from.

Srinivasa, you're going at this problem from a non-photographer standpoint. Photographers never make mistakes. Everything is carefully planned. Since you, and you alone were doing the shooting, there could not possibly be anything happening there by chance. That leaves only one option. Blame the lab! Of course it was their fault! Demand retribution! If the clerk at the counter refuses to pay you anything, demand to see the manager and when the clerk leaves to wake up the manager fill your pockets with as much film as you feel will compensate you adequately.

I think the important lesson here is not to prevent fuzzy red stripes on your pictures but rather ensuring you have someone else to blame for it (or other similar problems) should they pop up again. That's why I never shoot without Vlad at my side. Well that and the fact that he's the only person I could find that would rub a wrench across the terminals of a truck battery to give me that unique light I like for macro shots.

Greg Fraser
Past Master of Funk
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg