red/blue wavelent\gth

Red is neither the longest nor the shortes wavelength microwaves and radio waves are way longer. Visible light runs from around 450nm (Blue end) to about 650nm (Red end)

The detectable electromagnetic spectrum runs from waves which are a millionth of a nanometer across (Gamma waves) to waves that are 100 km across (Radio waves)
The visible part of that is absolutely minute.
In astronomy "photographs" are taken using almost the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Just for interest
Herschel

Howard <howard.leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Light being bent by the edge of a blind. Red is the shortest wave length
>

> In a message dated 6/8/2005 4:18:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> photo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> ) Where I was shooting there were 4 windows with
> blinds (opened a little).
> 3) I had 50/1.4 lens on it with a filter.
> 4) My assumption is that the light from the blinds is
> falling on the filter and in turn the filter just
> redirected the reflection to the subject

Are yu sure? according to my memory red is the longest wavelength of
visible light. That is why dust particles and water vapour scatter blue
light more and red less, resulting in red sunsets...
Look at

http://acept.la.asu.edu/PiN/rdg/color/color.shtml

Howard

Herschel Mair