RE: I thought this was interesting

Michel,

The reason people, including photographers, mostly talk shop and discuss
technical ephemera about their interests is that they don't know the
language of art. The discourse can't go beyond formal issues associated
with changes in the gear or technique - color, sharpness, cropping, etc.
Philosophic and aesthetic subjects get just as dull as technoid stuff,
however.  People seem to enjoy talking about historical and
biographical subjects when they come up.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4th ed.
Now an E-book.