Re: Bride vs Photographer

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx writes:

> When I shot weddings in the 70's I shot all the formals on a larger
> format camera on a tripod and duplicated each shot on a 35mm camera
> and had them processed at different labs or sent them off one at a
> time.

That level of paranoia was pretty typical for even vaguely competent
wedding photographers in the period, too.  I learned it from a young
guy trying to start up as the second wedding photographer in town; he
was shooting with Yashica 124Gs because he couldn't afford Hasselblads
yet.  He had "A" and "B" rolls, and key shots got copies on both, and
they did NOT go to the lab at the same time.

> You must be very careful with digitals as I shots some personal
> shots in jpg and had Photoshop automatic batch command change them
> into tiffs files. Photoshop over wrote files as it started with the
> name+1, name+2, not where it left off in the previous batch. I now
> rename things every time I add new files.

While I haven't needed it, at the stage where I might make that
mistake I almost always still have the cards with the photos on them.
If I'm working on a big project in the field, then the cards are
copied to other media, I bring that home, load it into my computer, go
to work -- so if I mess up, I've got the other media available,
forever if it's CDs, at least until the next project for the reusable
stuff.