Re: Bride vs Photographer

> In a message dated 5/9/2005 6:30:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> mkmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> what  strategies are people using to back up their work?
> it seems, especially  with digital, there must be many creative ways
> to lower the risk of the  loss of images.

Not creative, burn two dvd's immediately from the raw files, put the DVD's in
black light proof containers with a date label on the outside and reduplicate
every two years. Also burn a collection of good images in PSD format on a
DVD+RW until it's eventually full then burn another two DVD's. I have many
more DVD's than I could ever need but I've had hard drives fail every couple
of years. never had a DVD fail yet, but there was an article somewhere that I
read about UV degradation over two years, so I got paranoid.