Re: PF Exhibits on 07 MAY 2005

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated MAY 07 2005. Authors
with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Jeff Spirer - Prayer

* I like the sense of potential energy -- about to be unleashed. Enhanced by B&W.

Christopher Strevens - Conversation 3

I like the impressionist sense of light, presumably due to the "painterly filter" . It was also this aspect I liked about Chris' last entry.

Howard Leigh -

* I do like reflections. This one has such a delightfully muddy track setting off the reflected tree.

Gary M. Thomas - Monet's Garden - Giverney

I admire the French Impressionists, and this image gives a sense of the air and light with which they worked.

Achal Pashine - Stanford University main quad

Very carefully done. Was the wind stirring the palm leaves?

WRGill - Bengal Tiger

The large cats are very imposing: this one's sleek coat seems to glow with reflected light from the foliage.

Bob Talbot - White

* I love this. It's such an interesting "white". I want to soak it up over a number of viewings.

Jim Davis - First Loon

Birds can be very tricky to photograph. This is well done.

Richard Wrigley - The Old Mill

That's the tricky thing with compression: how far to push it. There is an atmosphere to the place.

Margaret Lucas - hard to port

* The angles intrigued me here. Of course when a vessel is hard to port, the horizon "rises" on the port side (to port?). There seems to be a balance here. The image determines what is on the level.

Thank you to _all_ the exhibitors. * I particularly like these ones.

&i (: