From: owner-
photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mkmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 07 May 2005 06:30
To:
List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Bride vs Photographer

I guess I will put in a thought or two...

Its not always about winning.
Its not always about being right.

Sometimes its better to let someone win
even when they are not right.

And wash the dust off your sandals and walk away.

Especially when it gets to the level of a psychic battle on some level.
which it seems this may have become.
Then the best strategy is always to disengage.
And to pick the shortest, least damaging route to do so.

I remember a comment I read I think from Peace Pilgrim.
She said, when you attack your enemy, you make them stronger.

So to disengage, is to render no further energy to the process
and allow it to evaporate.

If she is truly disturbed, she will soon fix her negative energy
on someone else, if you stop giving her something to focus on.

And as a friend of mine once said,
the world will bring along her match, and take care of it.

This friend, (who is now a minister) 20 years before I ever knew him, had been doing a lot of things in life
he wasn't supposed to. (and yes he ended up in jail) One day, decades ago, he said a group of armed men
broke into his home, and held him up at gun point threatening him and his whole family. Instead of fighting,
he acquiesced and negotiated. In the end, they left, and left everyone unharmed.
He knew not to pick this battle, and that they would pick the wrong battle sometime down the road.
A week later, he heard that the same guys were all shot to death apparently trying the same stunt again at someone else's house.

sorry to give such a dramatic example. but the story always stuck in my head.
you don't have to win every battle. or pick every fight.
its not always about being right, or being stronger than someone else.
sometimes its best to just remove yourself safely and quietly from an unsafe situation as quickly as possible,
and let the negative energy pass along somewhere else, and let them meet their match.

my thoughts on all of this..
best wishes,
mark