Re: Bride vs Photographer

>>>If you choose to appear before a judge and jury, you MUST have an attorney
or you'll get taken to the cleaners.  The anticipation of that expense
alone would lead me to cut my losses.>>>

Then again, if you have facts on your side and you are coming from a legitimately defensible position, judges will often take into account your inexperience and they likely decide you are trying your best. A good judge (most judges are decent) will protect you from getting beaten up, within the bounds of the law. Especially if he/she can tell you have evidence to back up your case.

I know a woman who has been sued by or has sued  Disney, Major League Baseball, and others over IP issues. She usually wins, and this is in federal court, without any lawyers helping her. Imaging that, huge corporations with teams of lawyers forced to say uncle by an angry little woman.

So, from the perspective of most, a single person without lawyers fighting in court with a huge corporation is always a no win situation. Fact is, you can win in court despite a lack of legal skills and the no lawyer.

It all boils down to money and time. I would never advise anyone not to go to court if they feel they are right. I would ask that person to decide if the cost, time, and effort is worth a win.

Bob