RE: F1.8 versus F1.4 PartII

Actually, what you got was a direct answer. It just appears its not the answer you want.

Which 'facts' were you looking for? Nikon's version? A magazine paid by Canon to review Nikon lenses? Some guy who puts up a website full of info he stole from other guys who put up websites full of info they overheard one day at a camera store?

Pick a topic, any topic and look it up on the internet. I guarantee you'll find contradictory facts about it. The only useful photographic info is on my site.

Rui you've got the lenses there man. Shoot them both and decide for yourself. If you can't tell which is better that way then the facts don't matter. I've got a really cheap Yashica 19-35mm zoom lens that I have to shoot at f11 or f16 to get the results I want. I have no idea what the 'facts' are about this lens but I suspect they are quite unimpressive. However, it gives me what I want so is it worse than a far more expensive Nikon 50mm f1.4? Like Qkano said, a Ferrari is useless to someone who needs cargo room.

> -----Another Highly Original Message-----
> it's simple to hear the question behind the question for heaven's sake,
> there's no need to flail on someone if idiomatic use of phrase come
> from someone whose first language may not be English.

> meu prazer,
> maggie

Well I can only speak for myself but reading Rui's response, I certainly felt as if he was yelling. Perhaps its all the exclamation marks more than the use of idiomatic phrases.

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg