Re: Recomeneded Programs - interpolation

You should have no problems with your technique if you are starting with
a much larger file which will comfortably crop to 8 x 10 without
interpolation, or may be interpolate marginally. However, if you are
starting with a very small file(small image size), your crop
automatically implies interpolation. You may be better off
interpolating the image using various techniques and software that are
available to the larger file size and then crop to 300 ppi and 8 x 10
size. You have to mark your crop area and figure out the image size
of the uncropped image @ 300 dpi, interpolate and then crop. v.
Karthik Quoting elf@xxxxxxxx: > At 7:34 AM -0400 5/3/05,
Russell Baker wrote: >Here is a
question.............. > >Generally when I am done doing all my
manipulations in >Photoshop 7 and I want to have the image be an
8x10, >I use the rectangular crop tool set at 300 ppi. > >Is there
better way to do this? Not that I can figure out. Since you want
control the crop you pretty much can't make an action of it. --
Emily L. Ferguson mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England
landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography
http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/