Re: Recomeneded Programs - interpolation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Qkano"

: On further thought, I'm a bit surprised by this test as a test.
: "If I were gonna do it" ...
:
: Firstly, the test images would be available as TIFFs for download.
:
: Second, the image fragments would be identically sized and cropped.
Since jpeg is essential, random choices of which bits to show could have
visible differences.
:

other bits clipped.

as you say, speed is oftern the deciding factor but given 'genuine'
fractals *costs* and irfanview doesn't, and given the results and the fact
that differences are difficult to ascertain - it'd be very hard to justify
spending $$ on gf when everything suggests it's not any better than
irfanview!

I have o agree with you too - that 'test' is an abomination!

nice for a rough overview but a test - I think not.

random crops seem more than a little messy