Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Compressed Raw

hi,

i've just changed shooting mode to raw. on D100 there are 2 choices. one is compressed (i think, writing is small and hard to see in teeny lcd) i chose plain raw. opened NEF file in photoshop. amazing array of options. i guess i should have duplicated the file first b/c it looks like (ridiculous, extreme) changes i made while experimenting, are permanent. b/c i went back to download the orig file from camera and it appears as altered version.

herschel, can you say how to convert raw to DNG format please?

tia,
maggie