Re: Compressed Raw

PS CS ACR displays many of the captured images although there is hardly ever enough space on a 19" monitor to show them all. simply grab any one of the edges of the single examination image and drag it aside. I use a square setup now with the thumbs on the left side in a column, the navigation window across the top up to the thumbs, the EXIF window across the bottom to the thumbs and a larger space in the middle for the actuall image selected from the thumbs.

Although Capture One for the Canon has many admirers I still find the fully integrated PS ACR most convenient. The advanced PS workshop in Actions that I took in Boston in February showed me that it was possible and desirable to do all image adjustments in ACR and move to PS for saving and resizing, as well as for filling in the File Info window and working with layers when combining separate ACR versions.

So I've never felt the need to explore Capture One, and the Nikon RAW processor that came with the D100 is so lame that I gave up on it nearly right away.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx