Re: photography

It's because my Nikon shoots compressed images, and the card doesn't take that into account or something. If I shoot with a 1 gig card, it will tell me I have around 93 images, but you just know to double that number, and you actually get 186 or so images. I think that's something just with some of the Nikon digitals.

Leslie
Really?  My Canon counter knows the number of shots whatever the size
of the card.  But I have a vague recollection that the D100 I
borrowed and used a little did have a default count which it adjusted
as I shot the card full.  But those were jpegs, too.....