Re: PF Exhibits on 23 APR 2005

Hi Marilyn,

I found the images of the PF Exhibits interesting. Thank you for going to the work of exhibiting them on Photoforum.

These were meant mostly for an "internal" audience but I thought that since I installed one of these candid "shots" in the PF exhibit it might be interesting to see the context in which that photograph was made. Did I think that the situation was a bit humorous? Yes. Why? I am not really sure anymore. When I spoke to the ladies in question later they said they were discussing the face of the person depicted in the mural print. Interesting.

I'm assuming you were behind the camera because I didn't spot you in any of the photographs. Am I right or did I miss seeing you in the pictures?

Yup ... I took the initiative to make pictures around the school on my own. I've photogrpahed my colleagues "working" in various classes and have taken my camera to various local events ... being like a busybody with a camera but without having an obligation to make these photographs. It is something to keep the mind alive I guess. As you say, the photogrpaher is generally never seen in the scenes they photograph!

Where are your images on the walls?

ahhhh ... I guess they were not powerful enough to draw your attention! I feel slighted now! :) if you MUST know there is a bunch of three "techy" photographs ... one a stroboscopic photo of a bouncing ball ... those three. And then I had another one of the house in the frozen white landscape that y'all have seen I believe in the PF picture wall. This one was hardly visible in the pix of the reception.

It looked like it was a very successful opening.

It was OK ... not the best we've had but OK.

On a separate note the owner of the house depicted in the blue-sky-frozen-trees
landscape heard about the photograph of her house being in the exhibition and
she is dropping in to see it in person.   :)

well, cheers,
andy