This weeks gallery

Greetings from Norfolk, UK

I would make the folowing comments on the entries in the gallery (in alphabetic order)

cigirgan-1
A very well caught action picture, but for me this is spoilt by the 'joining' of the two boys, I would have prefered some separation.  Having said this, it is well presented, and the colour rendering is goood

davidhazy-1 The critics
An nteresting picture, well seen and presented, but for me spoilt by the 'male member' in the centre ogf the picture.  This picture, for me would have been improved by a slight shift of view point.

ferguson-1
A nice shot, again well seen, especially with the contrasting expressions on the faces.  The un-sharp focus on the secondary faces works well, and concentrates the attention on the main subject

lucas-1 hi vol day
A picture very much after my own heart.  I like the red banded stacks and the white steam? against the dark cloud.  The red and white bands of the stacks being high lighted by the lighting.

mharris-1 Tree Flowers
A nice study of the plant, well lit and seen

shapiro-1 Color Photograph Printing School
A nicely recorded street scene, but even with the title I do not see why the photographer took this shot.  Perhaps in the original the words on the notices are more readable and this makes a point.

spirer-1 Angel
A very nice monochrome picture, with interesting textures and contrasting objects (the angel and the rubish containers) together with the repeated patern of the square openings.  I was once told that when taking a picture, before pressing the shutter look at each of the corners to make sure they are OK, then the picture will usually be good.  In this picture I think that dulling down the top right hand corner would improve the picture, as the eye is currently drawn there, away from the main subject of the picture.

spurlock-1
A nice dramatic picture, taken on the instant I assume.  A little work on the woman in orange, immediately behing the main subject would turn this from a good picture to avery good picture.  This work would obviouslyhave to be done post exposure, as this is a picture that could not be repeated.

talbot-1 Cheery Blossom
Thi, to me, is very much of a picture postcard type of picture.  It is well taken, and well presented, bu is far too fussy and cluttered for my taste.  I cannot decide what the subject is, one of the trees, the house or what.  Having said this I am sure that the owner of the house would like a copy of this picture.

vissak-1 Scream
A brilliantly seen picture, my only comment would be that the light between the two tree trunks could be dulled down a little.  Otherwise an exceptional picture.

vollach-1 Enter the temple
A very nice picture, I would like to see a larger copy of this as I am sure that additional detail wouold be present.  The atmosphere evoked is excelent, and the positioning of the figure leads one through the picture.

wrigley-1
I like this picture and its atmosphee, but then I took it.

All the best to all, keep pressing the shutter release.

Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.