RE: Biographies

Marilyn,

 I can see where anecdotal biographical information would be useful for
a salesperson chatting with a prospective client but not for most other
needs.   An artist's professional resume contains information regarding
education, awards, exhibition history, and experience relating to their
professional (art) work. It should have a separate artist statement.
Personal or family information isn't required unless it somehow relates
to the art. The information serves different people's needs.  For
example, grant reviewers for a gallery like to see where the artists
for the shows studied.  It is important for most to see if the artist
has been showing work regularly. The dreaded artist statement gives a
leg up for reviewers and is helpful for students.  If someone (of any
age) is just starting out they should just state that and not worry -
their art will have to speak for them for a while.  You pays your dues.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING