Re: PF Exhibits on 23 APR 2005

At 02:20 24 04 2005, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated APR 23 2005. Authors with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

I'm no big name reviewer/judge. I'm contributing some brief comments, because I'd like some feedback when I submit a photograph -- given it is exhibited. So here goes.

Mark Harris - Tree Flowers

I like photographs of small things, or small bits of large things. I'm not sure what more I can say.

Peeter Vissak - Scream

Nature creates such interesting forms. Peeter's tale gives us a starting point.

Leslie Spurlock -

I feel drawn into this image by the open arms, and the wide angle.

Emily L. Ferguson -

Nice contrast of expressions, and people's ideas of casual clothing. I thought for a while whether I would have cropped the LHS to get rid of the black shadow, but decided the fourth face was worth keeping. (I don't know who any of them are.)

Margaret Lucas - hi vol day

The rays of light on the chimneys and the plume, make a wonderful contrast with the darker background.

Veli Cigirgan -

There's a balance to the composition, with the curve of the two bodies, and the isolated rock.

Pini Vollach - Enter the temple

Temples often provide interesting repetition of shapes. This image has a pleasing feel.

Richard Wrigley - Storm coming

This has a monochromatic feel I like. The almost navy blue has the right watery look. I think I would have cropped the bottom edge to loose the wall in the immediate foreground.

Bob Talbot - Cheery Blossom

The blossom is certainly more cheery than the grey sky. A good title can make an image memorable.

Jeff Spirer - Angel

I like the contrast between the angel and her Mum, rushing past the utilitarian building and the two dump bins. Enhanced by the B&W.

Steve Shapiro - Color Photograph Printing School

The laneways behind buildings provide plenty of interest. Again, I would have trimmed the RHS and the bottom slightly to remove the blobs, and (is it?) the car window frame.

Andrew Davidhazy - The critics

Good contrast between the figure on the wall, and the viewers. I like the framing. In fact the viewpoint of the photographer is in a great spot -- just a bit to the right would miss out, and any more to the left would be crass.

I've now read Emily's comments. So now here are mine, unchanged.

&i (: