Re: Flash guide number conversion info.

Thank you Karl for your detailed and very useful answer. I realize that
converting between the three units is not a simple process that can be
derived from a simple equation or formula. I was hoping to get an
approximate conversion that would help me in selecting studio lighting
required to replace my flash units.

In case you know a away to do this conversion although it may not be precise
or accurate, all I really need is to have an idea of the luminosity provided
by the flash so that I can replace it with other light sources.

Thank you again for your detailed post and help.

Best regards,

Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery