RE: Flash Trigger Voltage really a problem?

After spending quite a bit of time reading about this on the internet I began to suspect that the camera makers will cover their ass and say 6v max but all it takes for something like this to become a huge deal is for one person to claim it happened to them. Just visit any urban legend site for a million examples.

I was looking at the Canon D10 in particular and someone claimed to have been told by Canon that while the hotshoe is vulnerable, the pc connector is not. This would seem to fall in line with your Canon advice regarding the Digital Rebel.

Greg