Re: Bad Digital

Mark,

Yes, yes, things are more for less and Corporations are just throwing their products out the door. Your D30 isn't worth the $3K you paid for it now, is it? And, can you carry the batteries of your D30 over to the new 20d?

The technology you speak of could have been added to your camera but they sell you a new version instead. Am I mistaken or is the D2x about $1K more expensive than the perfectly capable D1x? Why can't I just upgrade my D1x? What happened to all of the D2H owners or the very exciting D60?

Big whoop, you get more technology but rarely for less money. It's called planned obsolescence and we bite it every time. And most, just continue to line up at the trough. Regardless of your justification, you still shovel cash out the door, and can only choose inside your brand's name. Such freedoms are intoxicating.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com